The Metro at Night
Metro Train Schedule for celebrations (1 – 5 a.m.):
Topping up smart cards and online payments cannot be carried out for Metro journeys from 00:30 a.m. to the time at which the station closes. Only tokens can be purchased at that time. Access to stations will be provided to passengers with tokens and transport passes.
- New Year’s Eve (from December 31 to January 1)
- Orthodox Christmas (January 6-7)
- May 1-2
- May 9-10
- The “Night of Museums”
- The “Day of the City” Celebration
- The “Scarlet Sails” Festival
All stations will be open for entrance and exit, except for:
- Lobby 1 of Prospekt Veteranov (exit onto Dachniy Prospekt);
- Lobby 2 of Leninskiy Prospekt (exit onto Bulvar Novatorov);
- Lobby 2 of Ploschad Lenina (exit onto Ulitsa Lebedeva);
- Lobby 1 of Moskovskaya (exit onto Altayskaya Ulitsa);
- Lobby 2 of Nevskiy Prospekt (exit onto Griboedova Canal);
- The lobby of Tekhnologicheskiy Institut 1;
- The lobby of Ploschad Alexandra Nevskogo 2 (exit onto Chernoretskiy Pereulok);
- The lobby of Dostoyevskaya;
- The lobby of Spasskaya.
Night trains will be available on Line 5 from April 30, 2016 to November 15, 2016 during the time when the bridges across the Neva are raised. Trains will run between Admiralteyskaya and Sportivnaya stations from 1:00 to 3:00 a.m. Passengers can enter Sportivnaya Station via both lobbies.
The trains will run on holidays and weekends (from Friday to Saturday and from Saturday to Sunday), except for the holidays during which the Metro operates around the clock.
Only tokens can be used to pay for journeys at night. Trains depart every 20 minutes.